Philosophy Scholarship Awards
Application deadline for Philosophy Major Scholarships 2018-2019
At the beginning of the Fall 2018 semester the Philosophy department will award two Philosophy majors a $1000 scholarship—either the Paul T. Sagal Philosophy Scholarship or the Faculty/Alumni Philosophy Scholarship—and several other Philosophy majors smaller Richard Hedden scholarships.
To be eligible for the Paul T. Sagal Philosophy Scholarship, the Faculty/Alumni Philosophy Scholarship, or the Richard Hedden Scholarships, you must:
- Apply for each scholarship through ScholarDollars.
- Submit a hard-copy of a writing sample, your best piece of philosophical work, to the department.
- Include a cover letter with information about your GPA, how close you are to graduating, career plans, why you are a Philosophy major, and anything else you think the awards committee ought to know about you.
Deadline: 5:00 pm Tuesday April 3, 2018
Scholarships Awarded 2013-2014
The Department of Philosophy wishes to congratulate the following scholarship recipients:
- Zane Bishof: $1000 ($400 Paul T. Sagal Scholarship + $600 Richard L. Hedden Endowment)
- Angela Bishof: $1000 ($600 Philosophy Alumni and Faculty Endowed Scholarship. + $400 Richard L. Hedden Endowment)
- Laura Flores: $500 (Richard L. Hedden Endowment)
- Young Kang: $350 (Richard L. Hedden Endowment)
- Katherine Deaven: $350 (Richard L. Hedden Endowment)
- Brian Kraus: $200 (Richard L. Hedden Endowment)
- Jazzai Jimerson: $200 (Richard L. Hedden Endowment)
- Giorgi Vachnadze: $200 (Richard L. Hedden Endowment)
- Arthur M. Tillbrook: $200 (Richard L. Hedden Endowment)
All philosophy majors are strongly encouraged to apply for the Dept.’s 2014-2015 scholarships. Details on the application procedure will be posted here at the beginning of the 2015 winter semester.